Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hey, there's a Facebook group for this!

Whodda thunk it.  Just when I felt like the only one in the world with this type of injury I found a group on Facebook!  Okay, so there are only 42 members, but it is 42 "real" people who may be able to tell me what is in store for me.  Yay!

Anatomy lesson #3:  You don't have to have a traumatic injury like mine to suffer from radial nerve palsy.  A person can simply sleep funny and wake up with wrist drop.  They do have a different name for that - Saturday Night Palsy.  I find that really funny!  There are actually people on the FB page who got drunk, passed out and woke up with no use of their hand.  Ouch!  At least my story has a little more drama.

Don't get me wrong, it's really not funny.  I wouldn't wish this on anybody but they do have a much speedier recovery - it's usually a matter of weeks instead of months.  This whole experience has about driven me to drink but after reading what getting drunk got these people I'm glad I decided against that!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment