Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"It's the ugliest thing you've ever seen"

That was what the PT told me when I went to get my new "night extension splint" made.  Really, what is uglier than the contraption I wear in public??


Okay - it's ugly.  But, that's beside the point.  It's painful!  Neither of my other splints fit over it to hold my wrist up so I've added an over-the-counter brace just to spice it up a bit.   Let me just say - there's no sleeping going on with this  .. PLEASE get straight soon!  What you can't see in the picture is the compression stocking that goes underneath because otherwise the elbow does not look human with the swelling that happens around the strap that cinches the elbow in.  Oh yes - - lookin' good!  :)

You tell me --- which is uglier?  Before you answer - remember that one is worn in public!

No comments:

Post a Comment