Tuesday, October 5, 2010

... and YES, my wrist is getting stronger!

September 11 was the last date I posted photos.  Today is October 4 and I decided to look back on those images to see if there has been any progress.  I'm glad that I keep images because it may not be much, but the wrist is stronger!  My pointer finger has more muscle tone but the other 4 fingers have not improved at all.  Yet.  I know their days are coming!

tiny improvement, but see a
small amount of flex at the wrist!

When my hand is flat on the table I still can not lift any of my fingers.  There just is not enough strength for that ... yet.  I can, however, lift my wrist and that is progress!

I can lift my hand at the wrist
when flat on the table!
Thanks to my new iPhone I am able to take video.  This is what it looks like to have a wrist that works, with a hand that does not.  Because the pointer finger has gained some muscle tone, I am actually able to lift it with the wrist at certain positions.  Yay!  However, when I try to lift the other fingers - or all 5 at the same time, it is clear that I have a long way to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment